sleep deprived children, overtired mother, father off to camp for a week...
sleep deprived children, overtired mother, crying children, crying mother.
(doesn't get much better after that).
and reviewing the ugly bedtime battle....
I wish, during the worst of it, I could have somehow pressed *pause*.
Stopped time.
Held myself back, taken a deep breath.....
and THEN proceeded with caution.
But Caution, like self-control, and patience; is a virtue I still struggle to find in my
(limited) emotional tool-kit.
Tomorrow evening, when things begin to look like another bad t.v. rerun... I should just try lightening up (hey guys, you want to eat your entire tube of toothpaste? sure why not? I do that too occasionally when I can't sleep)...
or better yet, call for backup (who could resist that pretty face).
I'd be your back up, for some reason it is easier to have patience for other kids than my own.
ReplyDeleteSome days I wish I could have a redo. I lose my mind most days. Maybe I should look for that book while I garage sale this summer.
Thank you. That's my evening tonight. And re: the book - it's one of the few parenting books I've read in recent years, although I've purchased QUITE a few. Definitely worth purchasing another copy!
ReplyDelete