well its Monday.
and a shroud of sickness covers our house.
wanna come over??
kent is the sickest of us all (apparently he's near death).
poor guy.
did you know that its not a good idea to take strong cold medication and then relax the night away with
a glass of wine?
you did?
oh.
even though I am not feeling 100% I still have this urge to go thrift shopping.
weird.
I actually have steinbach, on my mind....
and MCC.
STEINBACH MCC, my favourite store in the world.
yes it is.
i am thinking about vintage pillow cases (sweetness)...
and pyrex bowls (beautiful).
Let's not forget the Mennonite Museum
with its main street and old country stores!
I would love to do a Steinbach day-trip.
maybe we can plan something?
Speaking of menno's (i know its hard NOT to), did you know that Winkler now has a museum??
They surely do!
My history loving father helped spear-head the whole project.
I think its really brought the community together- as many people have donated personal items to display. There is a pump organ, old washing machine, clothing and uniforms, toys, depression era dishes, school desks, horse blankets, pictures, radio's....
I was impressed.
Perhaps if steinbach's day trip is a success, we could extend our drive and hit the rest of southern mantioba!?
Morris MCC, Winkler MCC, Winkler museum, Twisters for burgers/fries and a malt!!!!!!
whew! I'm getting carried away!
but STEINBACH.
lets start there.
goodness, now i'm hungry for half a dozen vereinke with thick, salty gravy and farmer sausage!
where can I get me some of that?
(nothing like a bit of grease to erase cold and flu symptoms.)
Nah ya, have a happy day!
and a shroud of sickness covers our house.
wanna come over??
kent is the sickest of us all (apparently he's near death).
poor guy.
did you know that its not a good idea to take strong cold medication and then relax the night away with
a glass of wine?
you did?
oh.
even though I am not feeling 100% I still have this urge to go thrift shopping.
weird.
I actually have steinbach, on my mind....
and MCC.
STEINBACH MCC, my favourite store in the world.
yes it is.
i am thinking about vintage pillow cases (sweetness)...
and pyrex bowls (beautiful).
Let's not forget the Mennonite Museum
with its main street and old country stores!
I would love to do a Steinbach day-trip.
maybe we can plan something?
Speaking of menno's (i know its hard NOT to), did you know that Winkler now has a museum??
They surely do!
My history loving father helped spear-head the whole project.
I think its really brought the community together- as many people have donated personal items to display. There is a pump organ, old washing machine, clothing and uniforms, toys, depression era dishes, school desks, horse blankets, pictures, radio's....
I was impressed.
Perhaps if steinbach's day trip is a success, we could extend our drive and hit the rest of southern mantioba!?
Morris MCC, Winkler MCC, Winkler museum, Twisters for burgers/fries and a malt!!!!!!
whew! I'm getting carried away!
but STEINBACH.
lets start there.
goodness, now i'm hungry for half a dozen vereinke with thick, salty gravy and farmer sausage!
where can I get me some of that?
(nothing like a bit of grease to erase cold and flu symptoms.)
Nah ya, have a happy day!
I'm in, let me just get a sitter!! Honestly I think we really need to plan a Manitoba thrift store day that for sure includes vereinke. I know we could fill a van of other thrift store lovers. Now I am calling my mom to ask her why she ever got rid of her rooster Pyrex set! Hope your family is on the mend soon!
ReplyDeletei know we've kind of rattled this idea around a bit already...but i do think it would be fun! :)
Deletemaybe in april we could get some MCC fans together. and make it official.
I am in!!!
ReplyDeleteme tooooooooooo
ReplyDelete