11.9.11

What happens?

This week I will be attending the funeral of a little 7 yr. boy, named Adam.
He was killed in a farming accident. Driven over by a combine.

~I try to fathom what life has now suddenly become for his mother, his father....his little brothers?
I cannot.
~I dig deep and wonder:
When you are stripped down to the rawest form of grief,......
When you are completely worn down to the point of immobility,...................
When your mind is incapable of processing the fact that your worst nightmare has come true,...........
When your world has come crashing down and literally STOPPED,...................
When your own flesh and blood is no longer alive,.........................................
When you long to die so the pain and grief ends,............................................
.....what happens?
How does one go on?

~I ask myself, seeing images of the accident play out in my mind...
How can this be?
WHY did this happen? Why such a horrific death?

The things that once mattered and seemed so very important, are no longer.
That must be part of it, part of the.."what happens", after such an experience.
Everything pales in comparison.

~In my bewilderment I close my eyes and pray...
God.
The only one who can speak directly into our soul,
and knows every intimate detail.
Father.
Who gives sustainable peace.
Who holds us up.
Who quiets our fears.
Jesus.
Who understands first-hand our pain and suffering.
Who bore the sin of the world-
so we could live after death.
Comfort your people.
Send heavenly protection to all those who grieve.
You have prepared a place for us.
How we long to be with you.
Come Lord Jesus.
Come.

1 comment:

Rose said...

Christine, I am so sorry. Is Adam your relative?
I heard about this accident on the news and I simply can not imagine the pain that this family is experiencing.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...