8.12.11

errand run

I'm struggling this season with..... ERRANDS.
I have never been a fan of errand running.
The act of cruising around town to various places, searching for items to stroke off a list-
(that is, if I remember to bring my list...so many written, so many left on the door step).
But these days, I'm not only peeved by the actual shopping, dropping, picking,
and returning of people, places or things;
I am fearful of the whole event. From start to finish.

Like right now. This minute. I am savoring the quiet house and my leisure day.
But I cannot fully enjoy the luxury of this freedom.
I HAVE to buy a pink pig costume (i.e.pink clothing from top to bottom)
for tonight's school Christmas concert.
And, I am literally experiencing dread, silly nervous butterflies.
(truth be told for both the shopping AND the concert).

I can't keep asking my husband to run the errands,
even though he already (willingly) does most of the shopping.
How very sad and pathetic this all makes me feel.
Old Navy prides themselves in making your shopping experience
easy, positive, not to mention...loud inspiring!
Its not THAT hard.

I just wish I could tackle the "easy" stuff with more courage....
And not feel this pending doom.

2 comments:

Karla said...

I think we're sisters.

One day - we will run errands and make phone calls with abandon. We will do it without thinking about it first and give each other a congratulatory high-five.

Until then - I'm still in your corner with you .... probably procrastinating from running an errand.

Karla said...

I think we're sisters.

One day - we will run errands and make phone calls with abandon. We will do it without thinking about it first and give each other a congratulatory high-five.

Until then - I'm still in your corner with you .... probably procrastinating from running an errand.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...